Saturday, September 6, 2008

37 Pounds of Concrete


Okay, so I've been a bit amazed over the past year at the amount of food my little boy can consume. I realize he's a "growing boy," but goodness, I'm going to have to buy stock in Costco when he's a teenager. And he'll have to get a job just to help pay the food bill. This morning's breakfast consisted of THREE - yes, THREE - bowls of oatmeal and a piece of toast. And apparently that oatmeal oozes through his torso and then turns to concrete. If you ever put your arms around Caleb's torso it is like holding a barrel. He is SOLID. He loves to play football, so we thought he may follow in the footsteps of his father and uncles and be a wide receiver. But nope - this one is turning into a fullback.

Which leads me down a new path of thought - On the field you have the Quarterback, the Halfback, and the Fullback. Who came up with these names? Because frankly, you do the math: Can you put in two more quarterbacks in place of one halfback? No. Can you put in two halfbacks for one fullback? No. And does it translate to size? Is the fullback twice as big as the half back? Ideally, yes, in reality, no.

But I digress.

No comments: